Monday 4 February 2013

MY DIY | Studded Kitten Heels







As I hinted at yesterday, this is one of my all time favorite projects! I would have done it much earlier, but wanted to find the perfect supplies to pull it off.  During a trip to a Florida thrift store I spotted a pair of black strappy sandals that resembled the Valentino version, then back in New York I picked up the perfect pointed toe kitten heels (on sale!). From my previous stints with studding, I knew M&J Trimming was the place to go for the gold pyramid nailheads. Then I got to work! 

Supplies:
Strappy sandals ($5)
Pointy toe kitten heels ($15)
Thin black ribbon
E600 Glue
Scissors

How to:
1. First line the edges of your heels with the black ribbon by gluing it to the shoes
2. When rounding the front, make a couple slits and overlap the ribbon, then glue to create the curved edge 
3. Next cut the straps off the sandals
4. Then attach to the heel by gluing a piece of ribbon to connect the strap and the shoe. I did this step on both the inside and outside of each strap, then held in place until it dried a bit
5. Once all the straps are connected, let fully dry
6. Last, glue studs onto the straps (click here for tips) and let dry! 

I can't wait to take these for a spin at Fashion Week in February! 

No comments:

Post a Comment