Tuesday 29 January 2013

DIY: Turn Jars Into Snowy Winter Candleholders with the help of mod podge and epsom salt By Kristi Linauer



Is it too early for winter projects?  I hope not, because I have a really easy one for you today!  And when I say “really easy”, I mean that anyone can do this, and it takes just minutes.  It took me about 20 minutes to gather my supplies and make these two snowy winter candleholders, and it just takes glass jars, painters tape, Mod Podge, and Epsom salt.
First I taped off my design.  Of course, you can do any type of design, but I chose to stick with very simple, very easy stripes on the tall jar.  On the small one, I didn’t want any design at all.
I used a paint brush and applied a generous amount of Mod Podge all over the jar.
And then I sprinkled the whole thing with Epsom salt.  I removed the tape before the glue dried.
Quick, easy, and pretty.  In dim light, the light from the candles makes the Epsom salt glimmer beautifully.
I think these look great on their own, but I also think they’d look beautiful incorporated into a winter tablescape.


do tell us if u liked it and show us if made one...do comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment